IBPS AFO or Agriculture field officer exam for 2021-22
Table of Contents
Full form of AFO
IBPS AFO or AO stands for AGRICULTURE FIELD OFFICER or AGRICULTURE OFFICER
The IBPS may be a self-governing recruitment body that was started to encourage the recruitments & placements of young graduates through Personnel Selection publicly Sector Banks in India. The post of Agricultural field officer features a very essential and vital role within the banking system.
The IBPS CWE, earlier referred to as the IBPS Agriculture field grade officer (AFO) exam has been conducted per annum since then and is now happening in 2021 in its 11th edition.
Public Sector Banking has become an illustrious career option in current times because it comes with the promise of
attractive salary, perks, job security, fast growth, and good worklife balance. The government of India had found out
Personnel Selection Services (PPS) in 1975 for recruitment of probationary officers and clerks to all or any public sector banks.
Qualifications for Agriculture Field Office or IBPS AFO in 2021-22
To give the exam for Agricultural field Officer or AFO you need a four-year qualification or degree in one of the following subject:-
- Animal Husbandry
- Veterinary Science
- Dairy Science
- Fishery Science
- Agri. Marketing & Cooperation
- Co-operation & Banking
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Food Science
- Agriculture Business Management
- Food Technology
- Dairy Technology
- Agricultural Engineering
Exam pattern of IBPS AFO or Agriculture field officer for 2021-22
Agriculture Field Officer or IBPS AFO exam for hiring candidates will be based on an online written exam in three parts
- IBPS Preliminary Exam
- IBPS Mains Exam.
- This examination is followed by a face-to-face interview process.
1. IBPS Agriculture Field Officer or IBPS AFO Preliminary Exam Pattern for 2021-22
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||50||25||40 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||50||50||40 minutes|
Negative marking is 0.25 number for each wrong answer
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. An adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
2. IBPS Agriculture Field Officer or AFO Mains Exam Pattern for 2021-22
|Professional Knowledge||60||60||45 Minutes|
Negative marking is 0.25 number for each wrong answer.
3. The person who passes the main examination will be called for an interview. 100 marks have been set for the interview
The minimum qualification mark in the interview is 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
The final merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the mains examination and interview. The final score is calculated by IBPS with the ratio of marks given to the main examination and interview in the ratio of 80:20 respectively.
IBPS generally conducts interviews in a candidate friendly environment so do not panic.
Have a good idea about banking, the role of RBI, gain some knowledge about the important aspects like Repo rate, CRR etc, you may listen to a class again like in adda 247 or any other you prefer to, but then do not go deeply into this.. only a broader knowledge is enough.
You may refer to this when you get bored of reading the mains subject, that must be sufficient.
Final score rules for 2021-22
- Marks obtained in the Preliminary Exam will not be considered in the final score . it was only for qualifying to Mains Exam.
- Candidates must qualify mains and Interview separately to be eligible for final merit.
- The ratio of the Main exam and interview for the final merit list will be 80:20 respectively.
- The aggregate score out of 100 is used for the final merit list for each category. Candidates with top merit rank in each category are finally selected.
Agriculture field officer or IBPS AFO syllabus for 2021-22
What is more important here is, there is no shortcut, no cut down from the syllabus, taking choice and preparing only selected parts, WILL NOT work AT ALL, except if you’re exceptionally lucky.
The IBPS syllabus is divided into two parts:
- Agriculture Field Officer or IBPS AFO Prelims Exam Syllabus 2021-22.
- Agriculture Field Officer or IBPS AFO Mains Exam Syllabus for 2021-22
Agriculture Field Officer or IBPS AFO Prelims Exam Syllabus 2021-22.
|Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting|
|Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Time & Distance||Miscellaneous|
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Sequence & Series|
|Permutation, Combination &Probability|
These topics for Reasoning and Aptitude are important,do not depend on only these,this is just an order of preference followed by the other topics.
Verbal Reasoning :- Number series, Letter & symbol series, Statement, and argument, Logical Reasoning problems, Alphabet test, Passage, and conclusions, Blood relations, Direction sense test, Input output, Coding-decoding, Number Ranking, Making judgments, analogy, classification, series, logical arrangement of words, inserting the missing character, mathematical operations, Venn diagram, clock, calendar, statement and conclusion, situation reaction tests, sitting arrangements, cause and effects, puzzles, course of action, assertion and reason, syllogism, statement and arguments, input and output, analytical reasoning, data sufficiency, statement, and assumptions. Check – IBPS Reasoning Preparation tips.
Non-verbal Reasoning:-it demands patience and a skillful mind. It includes series/analogy, Classification, Series test, Odd figures, Mirror images, Figure matrix questions, Miscellaneous test, etc.
Agriculture Field Officer or IBPS AFO Mains Exam Syllabus for 2021-22
1) Agriculture Current Affairs
- Current Data
- Current scheme,
- Farmer Handbook Data
- Crop Production Data
- NABARD Norms
- poultry forms
- Subsidies of various implements
- APEDA Import & Export data
2) Crops, Fruits & Vegetables
- Time of sowing
- Seed rate
- Varieties (only important)
- Different disease and their Causes
- Recently released varieties
3) Seed Technology
- Basics of Seed Science
- Different Seed Tests
- Different Government Scheme
4) Agricultural Economics
- Basics of Agriculture Economics
- Agriculture cost and scheme
5) Various Type of Agricultural Practices
6) Soil Resources
- Tillage, Nutrient deficiencies
- Fertilizer and fertilizer consumption
- Soil Types and characters
- Indian soil
- Type of facts soil related fact
- Green manure
7) Animal Husbandry & Technology
- Different breeds of animals
- Agriculture small industries (like-Honey, Dairy & fisheries)
- Various diseases and their causes
8) Rural Welfare Activities in India
- Before independence
- After independence
- Different Insurance Scheme regarding agriculture
- Women and child development scheme.